CONNECTED THINKING

Knowledge atlas

Follow people, viewpoints and their original evidence.

1 people · 1 sources · 1 viewpoints

IN CONTEXT

public-private ecosystem design

Choose a viewpoint. Follow it back to the conversation.

Bookstores and libraries can coexist

IN CONTEXTpublic-private ecosystem design1 viewpoints
2026-10-01

Equal sectors are reading positions, not rankings.

Showing 1–1 of 1 viewpoints · Newest sources first

1 / 1

Selected viewpoint

Bookstores and libraries can coexist

Ferro points to bookstores and libraries as an example of public and private options coexisting, with people choosing based on their needs.

These are individual perspectives, not a measure of consensus. Source material stays in its original language.

Supporting evidence

Don’t be boring

Original excerpt

Yeah, definitely. And I also think that there are lots of things in the world that have public parts and private parts. There’s bookstores and there are libraries, and both coexist really nicely, and people make decisions based on what they need.
Context

I don’t know. I don’t want to be a big advocate of government regulation necessarily, but I do feel that our society is better when we have spaces that are designed just to make people’s lives better. That’s it.

Publication dates describe the sources, not changes in belief.