CONNECTED THINKING

Knowledge atlas

Follow people, viewpoints and their original evidence.

1 people · 1 sources · 1 viewpoints

IN CONTEXT

customer discovery

Choose a viewpoint. Follow it back to the conversation.

Talk to people to learn how buyers behave, not to validate product-market fit

IN CONTEXTcustomer discovery1 viewpoints
2026-09-29

Equal sectors are reading positions, not rankings.

Showing 1–1 of 1 viewpoints · Newest sources first

1 / 1

Selected viewpoint

Talk to people to learn how buyers behave, not to validate product-market fit

When speaking with founders or growth people from similar spaces, the goal is not to validate whether people will pay for the product, but to learn how people buy, what channels work best, and why previous attempts succeeded or failed.

These are individual perspectives, not a measure of consensus. Source material stays in its original language.

Supporting evidence

Episode 852 | Getting Big Name Customer Case Studies and More Listener Questions (with Ruben Gamez)

Original excerpt

I think of it more in terms of you’re not validating the product, you’re trying to find out how people buy, what the best channels are, things like that.
Context

Yeah. No one’s going to do that. I think we’ve talked about this multiple times in the past. It’s so much work. It’s just so much work too. Even if somebody thinks, “Oh, this is a good idea. I’m going to do it,” nobody actually does that. But if they were to do that, then they might have a burst of energy for what? For a day, for a few days, for a week, but to actually build it out and do all that work, yeah, people don’t do that. The other thing I had was that he was talking about it in terms of validation, and So I did that with SignWell. I talked to several people that had done e-signature startups either as founders or growth people, part of the team for certain products.

Publication dates describe the sources, not changes in belief.