CONNECTED THINKING

Knowledge atlas

Follow people, viewpoints and their original evidence.

1 people · 1 sources · 1 viewpoints

IN CONTEXT

local acceptance

Choose a viewpoint. Follow it back to the conversation.

Dzieza sees little support beyond officials and developers

IN CONTEXTlocal acceptance1 viewpoints
2026-10-01

Equal sectors are reading positions, not rankings.

Showing 1–1 of 1 viewpoints · Newest sources first

1 / 1

Selected viewpoint

Dzieza sees little support beyond officials and developers

Dzieza says he has found little pro-data-center support beyond builders and state officials attracted by tax revenue. He adds that even people selling land into a project expected to be paid while disliking the development.

These are individual perspectives, not a measure of consensus. Source material stays in its original language.

Supporting evidence

How Utah locals fought Kevin O’Leary’s AI data center

Original excerpt

I think it’s Trump wanting it to happen, I don’t know anyone who wants a data center in their backyard. I think that was one of the surprising things to me, that there’s not really a pro-data center constituency other than I guess state officials who see them as an attractive source of tax revenue and the people building them.
Context

Even the people who were selling land into the project were saying, “I’ll get paid, but I’m not happy this is coming.”

Publication dates describe the sources, not changes in belief.