CONNECTED THINKING

Knowledge atlas

Follow people, viewpoints and their original evidence.

1 people · 1 sources · 1 viewpoints

IN CONTEXT

equity ownership in bootstrapped vs. funded startups

Choose a viewpoint. Follow it back to the conversation.

Paquette contrasts ownership incentives in bootstrapped and funded businesses

IN CONTEXTequity ownership in bootstrapped vs. funded startups1 viewpoints
2026-09-24

Equal sectors are reading positions, not rankings.

Showing 1–1 of 1 viewpoints · Newest sources first

1 / 1

Selected viewpoint

Paquette contrasts ownership incentives in bootstrapped and funded businesses

Paquette contrasts owning a bootstrapped business with “going through the fundraising” and “not working evenings and weekends.” He associates the latter situation with ownership of “less than 10% usually,” and says he would not work if he were in that position.

These are individual perspectives, not a measure of consensus. Source material stays in its original language.

Supporting evidence

Bootstrapping From a $500K Goal to a $50M Company

Original excerpt

I mean, like, when you're bootstrapping a business, you own 100 of it. When you're going through the fundraising and, you know, not working evenings and weekends, you end up owning less than 10% usually. Best case, to be honest with you, if I were. I speak about this quite frequently. Like, if I were in those shoes, I definitely wouldn't work.

Publication dates describe the sources, not changes in belief.