CONNECTED THINKING

Knowledge atlas

Follow people, viewpoints and their original evidence.

1 people · 1 sources · 1 viewpoints

IN CONTEXT

developer experience

Choose a viewpoint. Follow it back to the conversation.

Scaffolded, owned code over wrappers

IN CONTEXTdeveloper experience1 viewpoints
2025-07-03

Equal sectors are reading positions, not rankings.

Showing 1–1 of 1 viewpoints · Newest sources first

1 / 1

Selected viewpoint

Scaffolded, owned code over wrappers

Dex Horthy argues against wrappers around internal abstractions and instead advocates for scaffolded, developer-owned code—comparing ideal tooling to shadcn, where generated code is fully owned and modifiable by the developer.

These are individual perspectives, not a measure of consensus. Source material stays in its original language.

Supporting evidence

12-Factor Agents: Patterns of reliable LLM applications — Dex Horthy, HumanLayer

Original excerpt

You don't need a wrapper around an internal thing. You need something more like shadcn, which is like scaffold it out, and then I'll own it, and I'll own the code and I'm okay with that.

Start time comes from the supplied transcript. Playback alignment is awaiting review.

Publication dates describe the sources, not changes in belief.