CONNECTED THINKING

Knowledge atlas

Follow people, viewpoints and their original evidence.

1 people · 1 sources · 1 viewpoints

IN CONTEXT

AI in software development

Choose a viewpoint. Follow it back to the conversation.

Rapid AI access can bring security problems

IN CONTEXTAI in software development1 viewpoints
2026-10-01

Equal sectors are reading positions, not rankings.

Showing 1–1 of 1 viewpoints · Newest sources first

1 / 1

Selected viewpoint

Rapid AI access can bring security problems

David Burns says he likes AI but worries that it is being made available too quickly, with security problems tending to emerge. He clarifies that he is not arguing people should be denied access.

These are individual perspectives, not a measure of consensus. Source material stays in its original language.

Supporting evidence

The State of Browser Testing - Software Engineering Daily

Original excerpt

I really do like AI. I just think it's being democratized too quickly to everyone. And not that they shouldn't have it, but it's like there's a lot of security problems that then tend to kind of crop up.
Context

wn away. We've seen numerous stories and it's not actually getting any better, I think. We saw stories about like Replit and things like that last year, who then have putting guards and saves things into that. And then people were like, "Oh, I don't need Replit anymore. I'll just use Claude." And then someone put in something, didn't give it guardrails. And it's like, "Oh, my production database is now deleted. Great." And so I think the AI space is helpful. But I think at the same time, we still need people who understand what AI is generating to be able to give it the guardrails, fix it, solve those problems. Because there's a lot of context that when you and I are talking, that our lived experience will be adding to whatever I'm saying. And AI doesn't necessarily have that kind of thing. But it's also really good at doing quick prototypes or transformations that are really important. So moving data from one place to another, you can go, "Oh, just do this. It's really cool." And

Start time comes from the supplied transcript. Playback alignment is awaiting review.

Open the episode and seek to 38:09.

Publication dates describe the sources, not changes in belief.