VERNETZTES DENKEN

Wissensatlas

Personen, Standpunkte und ihre Originalbelege erkunden.

1 Personen · 1 Quellen · 1 geäußerte Meinungen

IM KONTEXT

test observability

Einen Standpunkt auswählen und das Originalgespräch nachverfolgen.

Adding observability traces to browser tests

IM KONTEXTtest observability1 ausgedrückte Meinungen
2026-10-01

Gleich große Sektoren dienen der Orientierung, nicht der Rangfolge.

Standpunkte 1–1 von 1 · Neueste Quellen zuerst

1 / 1

Ausgewählter Standpunkt

Adding observability traces to browser tests

Integrating OpenTelemetry-based observability traces into end-to-end browser tests—starting from test initiation through application execution—enables richer failure debugging by allowing engineers to replay and analyze the full request path, rather than relying solely on logs or isolated error signals.

Dies sind individuelle Standpunkte, keine Messung einer Übereinstimmung. Das Quellenmaterial bleibt in der Originalsprache.

Stützende Belege

The State of Browser Testing - Software Engineering Daily

Originalauszug

What if you could add it to a component test or a browser test, right? Or a mobile test and you go all the way through. And then that creates some really interesting ways of creating.
Kontext

Yes, exactly that. Because observability allows you to create traces, right? And so if you go, "Here's my trace key, and I want you to use it all the way through," some of those things get picked up in how you develop and pass things through. So I've got a whole bunch of talks coming out towards the end of this year where I'm showcasing some of the work that I'm doing. And I think it's got some really important things. Because for years, a lot of people would just focus on reading logs. And you have to know what connection that has, right? But you could always then - when OpenTelemetry came out and people were building it, you could go, "Oh, I could see it go through here." But you never knew exactly how it started. You just saw the data coming into the system. Because then if you see a failure and you go, "Oh, I have this data. Let's see if I can replicate it, how it came in." And if you fill in the form with the same data and it worked that time, you go, "Oh, okay, maybe someone's doing it in a different way." And now you can try to figure out how that person was doing it rather than going, "I don't know how to start this. Let me figure it out." And then kind of spending time. So it's about trying to front load some of that information into your test and then following it all the way through.

Die Startzeit stammt aus dem bereitgestellten Transkript. Die Synchronisierung der Wiedergabe steht noch zur Überprüfung an.

Die Episode öffnen und zu 44:15 springen.

Die Daten beziehen sich auf Quellen, nicht auf Änderungen der Überzeugung. Texte ohne geprüfte Übersetzung bleiben in ihrer Originalsprache.