VERNETZTES DENKEN

Wissensatlas

Personen, Standpunkte und ihre Originalbelege erkunden.

1 Personen · 1 Quellen · 1 geäußerte Meinungen

IM KONTEXT

standards development

Einen Standpunkt auswählen und das Originalgespräch nachverfolgen.

Browser automation standardization emerged from cross-stakeholder collaboration

IM KONTEXTstandards development1 ausgedrückte Meinungen
2026-10-01

Gleich große Sektoren dienen der Orientierung, nicht der Rangfolge.

Standpunkte 1–1 von 1 · Neueste Quellen zuerst

1 / 1

Ausgewählter Standpunkt

Browser automation standardization emerged from cross-stakeholder collaboration

The WebDriver standard emerged from collaborative efforts among open-source projects (e.g., Selenium), browser vendors (e.g., Opera, Mozilla), and standards bodies (e.g., W3C), catalyzed by real-world interoperability needs—such as Opera implementing Selenium—and motivated by the inefficiency and error-proneness of manual browser testing.

Dies sind individuelle Standpunkte, keine Messung einer Übereinstimmung. Das Quellenmaterial bleibt in der Originalsprache.

Stützende Belege

The State of Browser Testing - Software Engineering Daily

Originalauszug

And he was like, "Well, the way to do that is to get into standards." And I was like, "We have no idea what that means."
Kontext

So when I joined Mozilla - and I've been working on Selenium, I think, for about four years, by the time it became - we started talking about standards. And there was an interesting discussion. I was at a conference in Switzerland. So for the older listeners of this, there used to be a really cool conference called the Google Test Automation Conference, GTAC. And it used to be around the world. And one year, someone from Opera arrived. And he's like, "Look what I've built." And he had built Selenium into Opera. And we were like, "This is amazing. We think every company should be doing it that has a browser." Obviously, I've been doing a few things and I would read like specs and see how that related to my work. Because there'd be times where it's like, "Oh, we're adding this new feature," which normally came from a specification so that we could have interoperability between browsers. And I might help people create testing frameworks around that to make sure that they could test it. But there was never something that was like, "Here's a standard to build a testing framework into -" it was not a testing framework, an automation framework into the browser. And we started doing that. And it was a chap called Andreas Tolf Tolson, who then, about months after that, joined my team and we started building out the specification, everything like that. And I was working very closely with Simon Stewart, who created WebDriver, to get the standard going. He was at Facebook at the time once we got it really going. And yeah, we finally realized how important it was. Because when it came to how standar

Die Startzeit stammt aus dem bereitgestellten Transkript. Die Synchronisierung der Wiedergabe steht noch zur Überprüfung an.

Die Episode öffnen und zu 11:26 springen.

Die Daten beziehen sich auf Quellen, nicht auf Änderungen der Überzeugung. Texte ohne geprüfte Übersetzung bleiben in ihrer Originalsprache.